The Alpina Climbing Team was created in 2003. It is a unique program designed for ages 11-16.
Practices take place at the Boston Rock Gym on Tuesdays from 6:00 to 8:00PM, and on Fridays, from 4:00 to 7:00PM.
Our ultimate goal is to provide the most complete training in the art of mountaineering, while studying all aspects of trad climbing, mountain life, and emergency situations.
General Physical Training:
* Leg Lifts
* Short distance running (50-100m)
* Long distance running (1, 2.5, 5mi)
* Flexibility training
* Balance training on the slack line
Technical Climbing Training:
* Learning all aspects of technical climbing indoors, and practicing them outdoors.
* Studying, improving and mastering trad lead climbing skills on additional weekend trips.
* Ropework such as multi-pitch rappelling, setting up pulley systems, fixing ropes, crevasse rescue.
Ice Climbing and Winter Mountaineering:
* Top-roped, technical ice climbing on vertical walls
* Multi-pitch ice climbing on moderate terrain
* Overnight winter camping